The excitement in our industry around the future of IT is incredible. That said, this excitement is also bringing with it an increased complexity as you bring new products and technologies into the hybrid environment. It can be said that hybrid cloud is the new cloud, and multi-cloud is an undeniable reality as more and more customers choose to embrace best-of-breed infrastructure choices for specific workloads.
This path towards the future has been mapped out with the work that Turbonomic has been doing since the launch of the company. As the industry-leading choice for workload automation and optimization in hybrid environments, the Turbonomic AI-powered platform is expanding even further with the launch of Turbonomic 6.1 today.
Key Features of the Turbonomic 6.1 Release Include:
- Continuously automating AWS Reserved Instance (RI) utilization in conjunction with resizing actions
- Addition of newly-launched Azure Reserved Instance options in cloud optimization and migration planning
- Application-aware infrastructure advancements through integration with APM platforms beginning with Cisco AppDynamics
- Continuous optimization of container platforms and Platform-as-a-Service at-scale with support for Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Improvements within the Turbonomic AI-powered decision engine including greater speed in real-time operations and significantly faster run-time for environment modelling and planning
- Significant development with Turbonomic RESTful API and documentation
- Updated integrations and the addition of Cisco HyperFlex, Cisco APIC, and Cisco Tetration as out-of-the-box targets
To be successful, the future of the data center and cloud must be powered by automation. Workload automation for performance and cost optimization while maintaining important compliance use-cases has given Turbonomic a natural place in being a leader in AI Ops.
As the underlying infrastructure becomes more abstracted, the increase in the number of product-specific point tools being used to manage each of these abstracted layers has increased without any ability to deliver a true application-aware infrastructure across clouds, hypervisors, and physical environments. This is why we have solved this challenge with Turbonomic.
Turbonomic enables SMART (Self-Managing, Anywhere, in Real-Time) Workloads to continuously and most effectively choose the right infrastructure resources to meet the real-time and fluctuating demand requirements for any applications.
Partnerships Powered by Trustworthy Workload Automation
The partner ecosystem has continued to flourish. In the last year we have seen the launch of our Cisco Workload Optimization Manager, an OEM platform developed with Turbonomic and Cisco. Microsoft has chosen Turbonomic to be included in the co-sell ready partner ecosystem which is seeing great uptake as we help customers drive intelligent cloud migrations and continuous optimization both on-premises and in the cloud.
Additional development such as the Cisco Network Assurance platform, more work including integration in HyperFlex, Tetration, and AppDynamics have proven the value of Turbonomic and why SMART Workloads powered by SMART Infrastructure are what will power both today's environments and the scalable hybrid platforms of tomorrow.
Please join us in congratulating all of our engineers, customers, partners, and community for bringing Turbonomic 6.1 to the market today. Welcome to your application-aware, hybrid infrastructure, Powered by Turbonomic.
Learn all about the new features 6.1 in our 6.1 Turbonomic Learning Center - through demos, blog posts, and our "6.1 LIVE" event series.