Growth Fueled by Strategic Alliances with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, DXC, and Microsoft
Turbonomic, the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud, today announced a record-breaking Fiscal Year 2019 (ending January 31, 2019), in terms of both revenues and bookings. The world’s largest and most complex customers trust Turbonomic’s AI-powered decision engine to continuously manage and optimize workloads across their hybrid and multi-cloud environments, including eight of the world’s 10 largest financial institutions and more than 20 percent of the Fortune 500.
“Turbonomic is the clear leader in managing workloads across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Our market-based approach, resource abstraction, and trustworthy analytics uniquely enable customers to manage physical, virtual, cloud and cloud-native workloads,” said Benjamin Nye, CEO at Turbonomic. “On a personal note, I would like to thank our talented team for their commitment to excellence in servicing our customers and partners.”
The drivers propelling Turbonomic’s growth include:
- Bridging the application-to-infrastructure chasm by linking application response times with resourcing workloads through alignment with leading Application Performance Monitoring (APM) vendors, including Cisco AppDynamics;
- New and expanded go-to-market partnerships with leading IT and cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Cisco (through Cisco Workload Optimization Manager), and DXC, among others;
- Award-winning, AI-powered innovations for managing and optimizing workloads (including containers) in hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Click here for more information about using containers to enable modern application architecture;
- More than doubling the company’s number of specialty cloud partners; and
- International expansion through a partnership with Trend Micro.
The global movement to modernize IT is creating the largest and fastest re-platforming of application workloads in the history of IT – a hybrid cloud market opportunity that IBM recently estimated at $1 trillion (USD). Workloads such as virtual machines, virtual desktop infrastructure, pods, containers, and services, are quickly emerging as the center of gravity for the technology universe, as infrastructure and applications are further decomposed in order to improve agility and elasticity. As a result, organizations are experiencing exponential management complexity and risk in the forms of application performance, compliance adherence and cost overruns.
One of the world’s largest financial and professional services firms turned to Turbonomic to operate at the increasing speed of business. Within hours, the Turbonomic platform simulated the migration of tens of thousands of workloads to Azure, accurately matching on-premises workload demand to the millions of SKU configurations while also considering RI purchases. Additionally, the customer is using Turbonomic within its existing Azure estate to assure performance and compliance. To date, the platform has delivered over $3 million in annual savings, which the organization is investing into further accelerating its cloud migration and adoption.
Microsoft is a strategic Turbonomic alliance partner. Gavriella Schuster, Corporate VP of One Commercial Partner Organization at Microsoft, commented on Turbonomic’s success selling with Microsoft during the company’s annual partner event, Microsoft Inspire 2018: “This partnership has worked really well. After remotely deploying an assessment, within only a couple of hours customers have a complete assessment of their compute, storage, networking and memory. This is followed by an optimization report and Turbonomic helping customers manage and optimize their hybrid environment.”
Joint Turbonomic and Microsoft customer, Steve Harnett, Global Head of Strategy and Architecture at international law firm, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, commented on the combined value the partnership delivers to the company’s IT transformation: “Thanks to Turbonomic, the performance and cost across all of our workloads throughout our entire hybrid estate, from our data center to Azure, is continuously controlled and optimized. Our team has peace of mind that the environment is always healthy, allowing us to focus on value-added innovation.”
Additionally, Dave Hart, Chief Operating Officer at Presidio, part of Turbonomic’s rapidly-growing channel partner ecosystem, said: “Presidio prides itself on being a trusted advisor to customers as they adopt the cloud. As a Turbonomic partner, we have the technology, tools, enablement and support, to add even more value to our consultative approach in ensuring our customers’ success.”
Fiscal Year 2019 Highlights:
Channel and Alliances Expansion
- Microsoft strengthened and deepened its strategic partnership with Turbonomic on several fronts in 2018. In conjunction with Turbonomic’s release of new capabilities to accelerate migration and optimize workloads in Azure, Microsoft selected Turbonomic as its preferred partner to help customers prepare for the end of support for both Windows Server 2008 and Windows SQL Server 2008.
- AWS also rapidly expanded its relationship with Turbonomic in 2018, awarding the company two AWS Competencies: AWS Cloud Management Tools Competency as an inaugural global launch partner and AWS Migration Competency for Discovery and Planning. Turbonomic is exhibiting and speaking at Amazon’s 2019 Sales Kickoff, taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- Turbonomic extended its Partner Program with Cloud Specialization, offering partners differentiated technology and a new approach to managing workload diversity across multiple customer environments. More than 50 partners have been onboarded and enabled through the new Specialization.
- Turbonomic also expanded its Sales, Channel and Alliances presence in Europe, including opening a new Sales office in Paris France.
- Turbonomic extended its unique self-managing Kubernetes capabilities with support for Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and Pivotal Container Service (PKS). This capability enables customers to continuously assure performance, maximize elasticity and maintain compliance with business policies across their Kubernetes-as-a-Service (KaaS) offering of choice.
- Turbonomic delivered new capabilities that accelerate cloud migration and optimize workloads in Azure environments. Reserved Instance (RI) purchasing capabilities for Azure Hybrid Benefit and Azure Site Recovery (ASR) integration deliver the industry’s fastest and most accurate cloud assessments for Azure customers.
- Turbonomic increased its Research and Development (R&D) investments, including a new Cloud Center of Excellence (CoCE) in Tel Aviv, a development center in Greece, and dramatic expansion of its global Customer Facing Engineering team.
Industry Leadership & Recognition
- Hiscox CIO and former Barclays CTO, Ian Penny, joined Turbonomic’s Board of Directors in 2018, becoming the second board member with direct CIO experience in driving major digital transformation and cloud initiatives for international multi-billion dollar companies. With his multiple experiences as a Turbonomic customer, Penny adds an invaluable customer-centric viewpoint to help the company continue to grow and scale.
- Forbes recognized Turbonomic in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list of the top private cloud companies in the world for the third consecutive year, based on valuation, market leadership, people and culture and operating metrics.
- Inc. magazine named Turbonomic to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the third time.
- Deloitte honored Turbonomic with a repeat appearance on the Deloitte 2018 Technology Fast 500 list, an elite ranking among the fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
- Turbonomic was recognized as a 2018 CRN Tech Innovator Award winner, taking top honors in the IT Automation Software category. This marked the company’s second consecutive appearance as a CRN Tech Innovator, following its recognition in 2017 in the Enterprise Management Software category.
In the coming year, Turbonomic will continue to broaden the capabilities in its AI-powered platform. Contact us to request a demo or learn more information.
- Connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and the Turbonomic Green Circle Community
- For news, updates and executive perspectives, visit the Turbonomic Blog
Turbonomic workload automation for hybrid cloud continuously assures that all workloads get precisely the resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance. Founded in 2009, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest-growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations to activate their hybrid cloud journey. To learn more about Turbonomic, visit turbonomic.com.